Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weekly Recap: January 28-February 1, 2013

We are checking in early this week because tomorrow is a field trip.  Rob starts his new job tomorrow. His corporate headquarters is in Columbus.  That's too good to pass by so we are going to go with him.  Here is the recap of our Columbus field trip, in case you were interested.

At home this week we got a lot done and enjoyed some fun activities on the way.  The weather was gorgeous (60-70 F) at the beginning of the week.  Yesterday it rained all day.  Today it snowed.

Our read aloud this week was Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis. It was a hit with all of us.  We loved Bud's Rules for Having a Funner Life and Making a Better Liar Out of Yourself.  We predicted the ending and were all pleased with the way things worked out for Sleepy LeBone. 

And, what you've all been waiting for, our highs and lows:

M8
Highs - Math.  It's still her favorite subject.
Lows - Grammar because it confuses me.













S10 is unavailable for comment so I'm going to make my best guess here.
Highs - A on his math test.  His birthday is coming soon so that's a high too.
Lows - He wasn't feeling well on Tuesday and missed swimming.


















H13
Highs - Grammar because I love grammar.
Lows - Finishing Bud, Not Buddy.  It's over.  I really liked it.

















Me
Highs - Watching Gandhi with the kids.  Also, all my students are currently reading books they enjoy that are linked to our history content.  I really don't want to torture my children with reading.  I want them to be life long readers.
Lows - Latin and science are still on the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment