Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekly Recap: Jan 17-21, 2011

It feels odd to be thinking about school in a focused way again. It seems like so long since I felt able to do that. My thoughts and attention have been so consumed with the day to day needs of a family and the chaos of the move. Nothing happened as we expected it to yet, here we are, just where we were intended to be.

Much of this week was spent in unpacking but we did do some very intentional schooling. We finished The Adventures of Robin Hood by Roger Lancelyn Green. It was no coincidence that much of the play this week has centered around forests, knights and merry men with a brave maiden or two. I loved Maid Marian and was happy to see her become a part of my daughters’ role playing.

We also began grammar again. I was pleasantly surprised to find that everyone is right where they should be according to the "master" schedule that I put together without a move in mind. Bonus for us! Math time was spent reviewing addition and subtraction for M6 and multiplication facts for S8 & H11. We’ve been working on time and money since Christmas so I felt like we needed to make sure our facts were still solid. They are.

M6 started her "aLatin" studies again. We are behind so we were able to remind ourselves of Christmas by learning the words for shepherd, star, baby, angel and lamb. M6 was even able to put her Latin to use by sharing with her dad that one of his favorite beers, Stella Artois, contains the Latin word for star. Not exactly the use I had in mind for Latin but at least she can see some practical applications for learning the language.

Next week will be business as before the move, I hope. Things are put away to the degree that we really have no excuse. I think we are all ready to get back to a normal routine. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment