Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Preparing to Begin

It seems unreal that we've been "at home" for almost three weeks now.  I can't decide whether it seems like just yesterday we were buried in boxes or it seems like a lifetime ago.  Either way, we are truly getting settled here now.  We've held school consistently for two weeks.  In fact, we've been WAY more consistent than the public schools thanks to the normal conditions offered up by winter weather.

I've got a file of blog posts to add when I get my computer, an old wi-fi less desktop, to communicate with my new, super wonderful, wi-fi hotspot.  Until then, I'll just muddle on as best I can.  If you are a faithful reader, know that the gaps will be filled in as soon as I open the lines of electronic communication.

I went to the library today and checked out more books on farming.  It's good to feel comfortable enough with the progress of the house to focus on something besides boxes.  We had our first small farm college class last week.  The night was an overview of things to come with an emphasis on goal setting, mission statements and writing a business plan.  We have been working this week on writing a mission statement but the business plan has us stymied.  We are really unsure about what we can do with the farm.  The possibilities are almost overwhelming and we are looking to this course to help us find focus.  At the very least, it will give us time alone together weekly for the next three months.  That's definitely worth the price!

I suppose I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that all is going well and that I intend to keep blogging.  It feels like I've been gone for way too long.  It's wonderful to be at a place where things feel like they are beginning instead of being in limbo.  It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see a new post. Looking forward to hearing what your plans are for the farm. It must be so exciting to start on a new adventure like farming.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete