Friday, February 22, 2013

Weekly Recap: February 18-22, 2013

Another weird week is complete.  K16 was home from school for President's Day on Monday.  She was off today, Friday, because of icy roads.  The rest of us muscled through so that we can ski on Monday and Tuesday next week without any work to catch up other than Bible.

We are moving forward really well.  We should be set for a good long break at the end of March.  In fact, we are further along than I expected to be in most subjects.  I am thinking that we may take extra time in April and May to concentrate on physics, art and Latin.  I use to love May term when I was in college.  Maybe we'll try that.

Highs and Lows

M8
High - Grammar test because it was things I already learned.
Low - Puking and missing the co-op carnival.

S11
High - History because I like learning about stuff that went on in the world.  The wall between East and West Germany was what I found especially interesting this week.

Low- Math because learning real life math makes no sense because in real life I can just carry a calculator.

H13
High - Math.  I'm proud of what I got done.

Low - Bible because my computer got taken away.

Me
High - Reading Samir and Yonatan by Daniella Carmi.  It was a very different and unexpected book that we really enjoyed.
Low - H13 isn't moving forward as I'd like.  In Bible, she's 10 weeks behind.  In Algebra, we are redoing chapters 6-8 because she cheated her way through them the first time. I'm tired of policing her and exhausted by the need to monitor a child who is so clearly capable but choosing NOT to do work that would take her much less time and energy to complete than it does to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment