Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Munchies: Hot Cocoa Mix

I ran out of cocoa mix on a snowy day.  Not a good move for someone trying to win the mother of the year award.  When I mentioned my distress to my husband, he told me that his mother made something called "Girlscout cocoa" that was the best cocoa ever.  That information sent me on a search. 

Here's the recipe I decided to try.  As you can guess, I changed it a bit because that's the way I do things.

Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes 5 1/2 cups of dry mix

2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups powdered non-fat milk 
2 teaspoons cornstarch





The recipe was approved by one of my children.  The other two who tried it said the cocoa tasted like coffee.  This is their way of telling me that they wanted more water and less mix.  We are in the middle of several snowy days.  I'm sure we will soon be trying the new recipe again, with less mix.  I'll let you know how that goes.

If you like this recipe head on over to Frugal Mama and get the large batch instructions for gift giving.

If you want a different recipe, my cocoa can had this recipe on it.


Mix together:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 c cocoa powder
1/1/3 c nonfat dry milk (dry)
Makes 2 1/4 c dry mix.  Add water to make 9 6fl.oz. servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment