Thursday, December 20, 2012

Random Bits of Christmas Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is December 21, 2012.  Talk of the Mayan calendar and the end of the world has increased the closer we get to the date.  Our tradition is to hold a party on the longest night of the year.  As I sit in my warm home listening to the wind bluster outside I am so thankful for so many good things.  Since tonight might be the last, I want to celebrate with thanksgiving and praise.

I'm thankful that the Jesse Tree and my Advent plans have gone as well as they have.  I'm also thankful that I've been able to let loose of the imperfections and appreciate each moment just as it is.

I am thankful that I've got one pair of pajama pants finished and the other three cut out.  There is hope for homemade Christmas pajamas after all.

I am thankful for online shopping, FedEx, UPS, and the U.S. postal service.

I'm thankful that I've been able to keep up with wrapping gifts as they arrive.  It's so nice to have it done without a marathon wrap session.

I'm thankful that my children are older.  I have loved every age and stage after 4 months.  I wouldn't trade the days with toddlers for anything.  Even preschoolers are worth keeping.  However, the luxury of having help cleaning the house, cooking, putting away laundry, unloading groceries...it's priceless.  I have so much more freedom and flexibility now than I've had in years.  I am so thankful for the blessings that my children are to me.

I am thankful that we are financial secure and that we have enough to share and give.

I'm thankful for a husband who makes charitable giving a priority.

I'm thankful for the means to buy our children so many things that they want.

I am thankful that all my needs are met.

I am thankful that Rob is here to share Christmas with us this year.  I try not to stop and think about what could have been.  It's paralyzing, really.  I am so thankful for what is.

Heavenly Father,
I praise you for your grace to me.  Each day you save me.  Each day you send new blessings.  Each day you are wonderful.  Thank you for all the blessings that I've shared here, Lord, and for so many more that I haven't shared yet.  Thank you for enabling me to sing your praises.  May my praise and thanks please you, Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment