Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent: Day 5 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off



Ferris-Bueller Ferris-Bueller.gif photo

If you look back at my original advent list you'll probably notice that day 5 does not say anything about Ferris Bueller.  Day 5 was suppose to be "Make reindeer cookies."  Ferris Bueller and reindeer have nothing in common that I can think of.  In fact, I don't know that Ferris Bueller has anything to do with Christmas.  If I thought real hard, maybe did a six degree of separation type association, I might be able to connect Ferris Bueller and Christmas but there's really no need.

I can connect Ferris Bueller to our advent celebration because I couldn't find Nutter Butters.  Since I couldn't find Nutter Butters at the grocery store and I don't know how to make reindeer cookies without Nutter Butters plans had to change. The mother of four is nothing if not flexible.  I had a plan B then M8 and S10 were invited to go to McDonald's for dinner with the neighbors.  Scrap plan B, go to plan C.  Thankfully, I picked up Ferris Bueller at the library today. 

I realized a few weeks ago that my children had never seen Ferris Bueller.  We have watched a number of the great 80s flicks.  John Hughes is as timely now as he was when I was a teenager.  Somehow, we had missed Ferris.  Tonight, that situation was corrected.  I think it's safe to say that I have created a new generation of Ferris fans.  Save Ferris!

No comments:

Post a Comment