Friday, March 1, 2013

Weekly Recap: February 25-March 1, 2013

This week began with a ski trip.  We spent Sunday through Tuesday at Snowshoe Mountain Resort.  Sunday night we enjoyed a couple hours of tubing.  The weather on Monday was beautiful.  Once we remembered how to ski we all had a wonderful time.  On Tuesday, the weather didn't cooperate.  Freezing rain covered the mountain.  We decided that sliding down would be better earlier rather than later so we left before lunch.

Returning home was kind of anti-climatic.  Getting back to work wasn't hearly as fun as skiing.  I don't think we ever got up to speed but we did get some things done.

Highs & Lows

H13
Reading was both high and low this week.  I read books that were excellent but really difficult and sad.  The writing and characters were beautiful.  The storylines were amazing but sad. The books for this week were The Other Side of Truth and The Year of Impossible Goodbyes.

S11
High - Bible.  I like learning about the end of the world.
Low - Math because I think I'll carry a calculator around everywhere when I grow up.

M8
High - Skiing was fun because I got really good at it.
Low - Being sick.

Me
High - Learning how to make sushi and preparing a sushi dinner for everyone last night.
Low - Struggling with not feeling overwhelmed by what we aren't getting done.   Sometimes I do really well focusing on the what we have gotten done rather than what we haven't.  Today has not been one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment