Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly Recap: January 16-20, 2012

Our week has flown by.  Monday was a holiday for K15 so that made a light day for the rest of us.  We spent much of the afternoon watching Liberty Kids.  It's nice when something like that can be a treat and help us learn a little more about the founding of our country.  We've done enough reading that most of the stories and characters where easy to recognize. 

Tuesday we had an afternoon of bowling with co-op.  It's been nice to get out of the house and do something fun on these cold days.  On the way there we began listening to Mr. Revere and I.  So far we are enjoying it much more than Ben and Me.

Wednesday and Thursday were normal days.  We got everything done that needed to be done.  Yeah us!  Friday was a two hour delay for K15.  Dad decided to work from home.  We've gotten the necessary things done but chemistry will be waiting until next week.

Here are the highs and lows:

M7
High - I love multiplication and division.  It's very easy.  It's exciting that I'm learning that.
Low -  Reading takes up too much time.
I loved having dad home today. We made cookies together and ran errands.


S9
High - The United States has finally gotten away from England.
Low - Latin makes me learn grammar and I've already gone through three books for that.
My birthday is coming up real quick. I'm really excited!


H12
High - I had a very good week.  I did a good job and I worked hard.
Low - Math.  I just hate math.

Me
High - Getting almost all the things done that I had planned for the week and feeling satisfied on Friday. 
Low - Not getting chemistry done.
I am pleased that I intentionally let something go rather than trying to stuff something else into a busy schedule and causing stress for all. 

4 comments:

  1. I love how you do your recap. Some of your kids' responses made me LOL.

    Oh, how I need to work on intentionally letting things go and being okay with it!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to do your weekly review. I love it.

    Glad to hear you are enjoying Mr. Revere and I better than Ben and I. I have planned to assign it to my son but was worried b/c Ben & I wasn't a favorite around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May have to add in the highs/lows to my weekly update. I love it. I am guilty of being a schedule-stuffer......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Highs/lows have been great for me. It's good for me to hear from the kids what had been good and bad in their week. Daisy, my kids really didn't like Amos.

    ReplyDelete