Friday, December 16, 2011

Weekly Recap December 12-16, 2011

We've done it!  We really worked hard this week so that we could take the next too weeks off and now we are on vacation.  I  think we are all pleased and proud of what we've accomplished so far in our school year.

M7 finished The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading.  She loved the last lesson.  It totally delighted her to read such a lengthy and beloved word. 

S9 completed his 4th grade math book and well be moving on to Life of Fred when we start school next year.

H12 completed the second session of Analytical Grammar.  She nailed the last test and is extremely proud of her ability to deconstruct a sentence.  She's also relieved that grammar is over for the year except for reviews.

K15 has several more days of school left.  She'll be finishing her community service next week.  We are all hoping that it's a lesson learned and one that won't need to be repeated.

We are going to spend next week reading.  S9 and M7 are interested in learning about the origin of our Christmas traditions so we are going to read about some of those.  We are also going to read The Gift of the Magi and A Christmas Carol. 

I've also go a stack of books coming just for me.  For my book club our January selection is to read a biography.  This isn't something I'd willingly do so I'm hoping the one I've picked about Benjamin Franklin is a good one.  

In addition to my "required" reading I'm going to read as many of these as  I possibly can:  
Patron Saint of Liars

Can’t Wait to Get to Heaven
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
How the Irish Saved Civilization
The Thirteenth Tale
The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bootlegger’s Daughter

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment