Friday, December 16, 2011

'Tis the Season

Remember my post yesterday about the chaos of Christmas and about how I try to let the things I don't enjoy go.  Well, right now I'm spending time, lots of time, creating a Christmas card.  The thing is that I love Christmas cards.  I love thinking about them.  I love taking the pictures that we'll use for them.  This year I've got some amazing pictures!  I love writing the Christmas letter and getting each envelope stuffed and addressed.  I love picking out the stamps and putting them in the mail.  Most of all I love receiving Christmas cards. 

The thing I don't love is figuring out how to get the card made.  There are so many places to do photo cards.  Each one has its own templates and pricing. I've uploaded my pictures to at least three sites and still don't have a card that I'm excited about sending.  I especially don't love this process when it's almost midnight and my husband has been sleeping in the chair for more than two hours.  Also, the chair is adding to my lack of enthusiasm because it's providing a grating harmony to the chorus of snores.  Each time he inhales or exhales there's a weird squeak coming from the chair. 

I've been trying humming different Christmas carols to see if I can find one that fits the rhythm that I've been given.  So far, no success with that.  'Tis the season to be jolly! Fa la la la la la la la laaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment