Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

One of my favorite things about our home and our neighborhood is the 4th of July fireworks.  From our deck you can see a variety of fireworks.  Some professional.  Some extremely amateur.  All lovely.  Awe inspiring.  Patriotic. 

I love the luxury of walking out my patio door and snuggling with my children in the hammock to enjoy the firework extravaganza.  The only downside is that with an unplanned, unchoreographed firework display you don't really know where to look next.  You have to trust the sound and the light and turn your head quickly.  This can lead to a sore neck, head ache or lots of missed fireworks, if you aren't careful.

Just in case you don't have the chance to see lovely fireworks live from the comfort of your own home, I thought I'd make sure you had the opportunity to take part in that glorious 4th of  July tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment