Monday, August 26, 2013

Beginning With What You Know

This morning marks the beginning of a new season for this household.  I am settled in with the first pot of French press coffee that I've made in years. It's as wonderful as I remember. I am trying to find a sweet spot for the coming months and to stay in it.  In order to find that sweet spot I am slowing down and thinking hard about what works and what doesn't.  I have 24 years of experience as a wife and almost 17 as a mother.  I know a lot about a lot. So, this morning I am going to begin with what I know.

I know slow and steady is the best way to move forward.

I know patience is a necessity.

I know prayer precedes everything.

I know one job at a time is enough.

I know many hands make light work.

I know stress and panic do not bring good results.

I know praise will enrich any effort.

I know procrastination is a form of rebellion.

I know how important it is to have clear goals in mind.

I know that celebration is more than just the icing on the cake.  It's the purpose of the cake.

I know I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. 

I know a lot of other stuff too.  As a result, I'll probably be adding to this list.  My goal here is to give myself some writing prompts.  For too long I've been checking in sporadically and updating at random.  My original intention with the blog was to write regularly.  And, here I go.  Like I said, it's a new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment