Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Munchies: Baking Bacon

This isn't really a recipe, it's just a great idea.  In the distant past, I fried my bacon in a pan.  Even in my largest frying pan it's impossible to fit enough bacon for six people.  Also, the act of frying is irritating.  I hate being burnt by popping grease and it makes a huge mess.

A number of years ago someone introduced me to the idea of preparing bacon in the oven.  I honestly can't remember who it was so if it was you, please, speak up!  Baking bacon is less messy, requires less hands on time and it less painful. 

Any large baking pan with a lip on it is perfect for cooking bacon.  I use a large bar pan but a jelly roll pan would work fine.  If you are cooking less than a pound of bacon you might even use a 9X13 pan. 

Open the package of bacon and separate each slice laying it on the pan.  You can overlap the slices if you need to but don't stack them. 

Put them in the oven at 400 for about 15-20 minutes depending on how crunchy you like your bacon.

Remove pan from oven.  Drain bacon.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment