Monday, March 12, 2012

Consuming Moby Dick

I just finished reading Moby Dick!
 
I JUST FINISHED MOBY DICK!

 I READ MOBY DICK!

At the beginning of the year, I decided to take the 52 books in 52 week challenge from The Well Trained Mind Forum.  After counting the number of books I read last year I realized that I was already there and to participate in a group of voracious readers would give me a never-ending list of interesting books and challenge me to read different things.  I was right!


Moby Dick is a book I never would have selected on my own.  Obviously, I've avoided it for more than forty years.  While reading it I thought I would never get through.  The sense of accomplishment that I feel now is far greater than I expected.  I have consumed the whale!

No comments:

Post a Comment