Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekly Recap: October 17-October 21, 2011

We had a great week this week!   I may feel this way because I'm writing this recap after a relaxed weekend.  It's hard to remember the bumpy parts when time has passed.  I feel like I've been counting down to this week since August.  This week was our last week of practice for soccer and football.   I know the kids have enjoyed participating in these sports.  I'm thankful they had the opportunity.  I'm also ready for some family time in the evenings.  We've been shuttling kids to and from practices and games at least five days a week.  It's good to be done.

This week was also an off week for co-op.  We have two weeks off before the next session starts.  All the kids enjoy co-op.  It's a worthwhile use of our time.  It does mean that most of our day Tuesday is not available for our normal academics.  Having five days for school this week rather than four was lovely.  We used the extra time to catch up on chemistry.  We built models of atoms using styrofoam balls.  We learned more about the periodic table.  We made sugar cookie atoms with m&ms for protons, neutrons and electrons.  We discovered that there were fewer yellow m&ms in our bag than any other color.

We are all on track according to the "master schedule".  It's a good feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment