Monday, October 24, 2011

Keeping Perspective

Today I tried to catch up with my own Bible study of Job.  The kids are on lesson 8 and I was on lesson 5.  A little free time this morning enabled me to complete lessons 5 and 6. 

I fixed pancake sundaes for four of us for breakfast. 

Afterward, we completed Bible, grammar, math, algebra, Latin and reading.

I made sure everyone had lunch.

I did three loads of laundry.  Washed, dried and folded.

I made French bread and pasta for dinner, from scratch.  I topped the pasta with my delicious shrimp scampi. 

I helped the family as we got the house straightened for overnight guests visiting tomorrow.

Even after all that I still feel unsuccessful for the day. 

Some days success is just not possible.  It has nothing to do with the activities completed.  It is a result of my own frame of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment