Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Recent Addition

Since we've begun to home school high school I felt that creating a blog just for that adventure might be a good idea.  I purchased a copy of The Well-Educated Mind by Susan Wise Bauer a few months ago and read it along with a stack of other high school prep and advice books.  Not surprisingly, the techniques and purpose resonated with me and I came back to it and The Well Trained Mind almost exclusively when getting down to the nuts and bolts of planning.

As we've begun our journey and are attempting to put my plans into practice, I found myself re-reading The Well-Educated Mind and realized that I'd completely neglected to begin my journal as suggested in chapter three.  This blog has been very motivating to me in regard to accountability.  I imagine a blog devoted to our journey through time and literature will be equally motivating.  And so, I've created just such a blog called A Commonplace Book.  Come join me there sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment