Saturday, June 19, 2010

Weekly Recap 6/14-6/18

We spent last week on vacation so this week has been a week of transition.  We arrived home on Sunday night/Monday morning, slept and woke with a to-do list as long as the day.  Monday we helped my dh pack for business travel, entertained friends from out of town and picked our foreign exchange student up at the airport.

Tuesday I started a new Bible Study (5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter).  We all went out for lunch.  DH left for a month in Australia.  The kids and I went to the science museum for a couple of hours. 

Wednesday was Water Logged, a day full of water fun and games for M5, S8 and H11.  K13 and G18 went to a movie and I treated myself to breakfast and lunch out.  Lovely!

Thursday I hosted a "Not So Bunco" gathering at my house for my normal bunco group and all my non-bunco friends and neighbors.  It was fun to get together and chat for a couple of hours.

Friday we went to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.  Everyone loved it.  We skipped popcorn and cokes at the theater so that we could enjoy our favorite ice cream.   We got home from the movie in time to grab a quick dinner and head off to a presentation at the planetarium about Galileo.  Almost all of us enjoyed the refreshments and the presentation.  S8 says he hated every minute of it.  I'm not sure if that's true or if he is just mad that he didn't get to watch any t.v. today.

Tomorrow we'll be going to see the newest IMAX movie at the science center and then heading to part two of the Galileo weekend.  We are supposed to be making telescopes.  That  should be fun!

It's been a great week but I can't for the life of me figure out where the free time is.  It seems as if I'm just as busy now as I was when we were doing school work daily.  How does that happen?

2 comments:

  1. That was a very busy week. But everything sounds like so much fun and educational.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness. You were busy. Sounds terrific but very busy.

    Enjoy your free time.

    ReplyDelete