Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Munchies: Half Moon Sweet Potatoes

My youngest daughter has chosen sweet  potatoes as her very favorite vegetable and one of her favorite foods.  As a result, I've started making a lot more sweet potato side dishes.  I've discovered that for the rest of my family to enjoy them, sweeter is better.  Here's a quick and easy recipe for sweet potatoes that can easily be adapted for one or a crowd.

Sweet Potato Half Moons

one sweet potato
2 T butter, melted
cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 400.  Peel sweet potato, cut it in half and slice it in half inch (or less) slices.  Place sweet potato slices on a baking sheet in a single layer.  Brush with  melted butter.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Bake for 20-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and edges are browned.  If you like crispy sweet potatoes feel free to bake them longer.

For my family of six I slice and bake two sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment