Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekly Recap: September 12-16, 2011

We've had a busy and productive week.  I'll let the kids hit their high lights and low lights for school this week .

M7 - What I learned about and thought was really interesting was Pocahontas.  I didn't like Latin.  I like math a lot.  I also really like The Penderwicks.
S9 - My high light is that we are almost to machine guns in history.  My low light is Latin.
H12 - My high light is the book I'm writing.  I'm working really hard on it.  I hate math though I am good at it.  I'm rocking the socks off Latin.

It's a good thing that I have no expectations when I ask the kids to weigh in with their point of view.

I'd say that my high light this week was finding a rhythm.  This is our second week of co-op.  Things seem to be flowing pretty well.  We seem to be getting all our subjects done.  It's good to be feeling a sense of accomplishment this time of year.  My low light was the house.  I seem to be really struggling to get a handle on the cleaning and straightening. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to ask the kids. I'm kinda afraid of what my kids might say! I'm also struggling with keeping house neat. There's always next week though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait 'til they get to be teens, LOL - then you'll get critiques you never wanted to hear....

    Regena

    ReplyDelete