Sunday, December 26, 2010

Moving Day #1

The day after Christmas is not the day I would have picked to begin our move but, like it or not, this is the day.  I am so thankful that I have this assurance from Psalms 118:24: 
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

The blessings continue to unfold.  Our neighbors across the street needed a dog sitter from today until Thursday and we needed a place to stay while the move is happening.  Two needs taken care.  Our dog sitter is more than happy to keep our dog while the movers are here.  One less worry.  We'll see him on Thursday morning.  We've seen a steady stream of friends picking up things we don't need to move for the benefit of those that they know in need. 



As I sit in the midst of boxes, I'm trying to keep the rejoice part of my assurance in mind.  I have loved my life here in this house.  I'm taking the essential things with me.  I'm also leaving some important things and people that I love behind.  I have confidence that this move will provide a wealth of new experiences and new people.  Taking time to rejoice about what we've known and what we can only imagine is a happy-sad exercise.  Above all, I know that this is the day that the Lord has made for me and this is the path that we follow in our effort to glorify God.  I stand confident that the joy will be given in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment