Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bearing Witness to Blessing Part 2

During part 1 of this post, we were waiting with expectation for an acceptance of the offer on our dream farm.  In a morning, Wednesday morning to be exact, everything changed. 

The offer on our home was withdrawn and R and I spent much of Wednesday praying and talking about what our next step needed to be.  We both believe that this farm is the right place for us.  We also both believe that making a financial commitment on two houses is not in our best interest.  We've done that before, it was really, really hard.  We are in a better financial place, we could do it.  Unfortunately, with maturity comes the realization that just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.  R and I have come a long way.  Even now, sometimes the mature choice is really not the choice we want to make.

We spent this weekend under self-induced stress.  Time spent apart and disappointment over the loss of our sale took their toll.  We didn't manage to talk out our frustrations and find a place of mutual support until the weekend was almost over.  Even this is a blessing.  Many couples are never able to talk out their frustrations and find support. 

In all the confusion and sadness, I keep coming back to this truth...my God will supply all your needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus.  - Phillipians 4:19

Perhaps that beautiful piece of property with the lovely white house will be the way God chooses to supply all my needs.  It's possible that my needs will be supplied in a totally different manner.  I do know that God is aware of my needs and that they are being supplied.  I just have to wait and see what happens next.  I also know that I don't need to wait idly. 

I am waiting with anticipation and trying to live out this verse... Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  - Phillipians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment